Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Get Well Treat

My husband had family visiting from out of town last week. I had never met them before, so it was nice going out to dinner and getting to know them. Unfortunately, the reason they were in town was because their 1-year-old girl needed surgery.

Luckily, everything turned out fine, and I wanted to make something special for her. I decided to make a matchbook card with a treat. I've never made anything like this before, but I wanted to give it a try.



I used Alphalicious for the matchbook cut and Create a Critter for the ladybug and grass. The grass is on foam squares for a little dimension.

Inside the card, I add fruit snacks and attached the bag with glue dots.

Here is a close up of the sentiment.



Thanks.


Challenges:
My Paper Crafting: Things with wings
Paper Playtime: Sentiment stamps
Exploring Cricut: Animal
Crafty Boots: Out of your comfort zone
The Hybrid Chick: Cheer
Pink by Design: Sweet treat
Tuesday Throwdown: You're on my mind
Scrap-Creations: Green
Make it Monday: Anything goes
Pin and Tack: Anything goes
Challenges 4 Everybody: Anything goes
Divas by Design: Anything goes
Creative Inspirations Paint: Anything goes

18 comments:

  1. What a cute little treat project! The ladybug is adorable. Thanks so much for joining us for the Creative Inspirations Paint Challenge! hugs, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card, love the ladybug it's such a sweetie.

    Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice idea for a treat and I love your pink ladybug. I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Tuesday Throwdown DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet and what a thoughtful idea! Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a sweet card and lovely gesture. Beautiful done.

    Thanks for sharing. I stopped by from Make it Monday. My projects this week are 77 and 165 if you would like to sneak a peek too.

    Have a lovely day, K.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet and thoughtful gift! Thanks for joining us over at Pink by Design :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great job! I am sure they really appreciated it. Thanks for entering your creation at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! Love the ladybug and this layout is perfect to add a little something extra to a card. Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown and make sure to come back and play again next week!

    Hugs,

    Susan, TT DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great matchbook card! Love the ladybug. Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut and for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure this must have brought her so much cheer! So glad you could join us at the Hybrid Chick Card Caravan. This is so very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous get well card. Thank you for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww so sweet - glad she recovered well.

    Thanks for joining in with us at Divas by Design this week.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. These matchbook treats are the perfect size for a special pick me up. So happy the surgery was successful. Saw it on MIM

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the treat package. Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute. Love the ladybug and that it is a matchbox. Thanks for playing along with us at My Paper Crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute card! I love the little ladybug :) Thanks for playing along at CWC-My Paper Crafting.com

    ~Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your ladybug. Thanks for playing at CWC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Evelyn, this is just adorable! What a wonderful treat -- I'm certain it brought a smile to the little one's face. Thanks so much for linking up to our "Things With Wings" challenge at MyPaperCrafting.com this week.

    ~ Jen, MPC Design Team
    www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete